Summer School on Novel Superconductors
DATES: August 2 - 15, 2009
LOCATION: University of California, Santa Barbara
The International Center for Materials Research (ICMR) at UC Santa Barbara, in collaboration with
the Graduate School of Excellence in Materials Science at Mainz, will hold a Summer School on Novel
Superconductors from August 2nd - 15th 2009 at UCSB. The School is aimed at graduate students and
junior researchers working in the field of novel superconductivity and is timed to coincide with the
4-month-long research program on the same topic at our
Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics.
Click here to view the school presentations.
Click here for the school schedule.
Areas covered in the school:
- Basics concepts and formalism
- Novel superconductors, in particular the pnictides
- Oxide high-Tc superconductors
- New directions
- Ole Anderson, Max Planck Institute, Stuttgart, Germany
- Sacha Balatsky, Los Alamos National Lab., US
- Bernd Buchner, IFW Dresden, Germany
- Paul Chu, University of Houston, US
- Antoine Georges, Ecole Polytechnique, France
- Laura Greene, University of Illinois, US
- Alex Gurevich, Florida State University, US
- Peter Hirschfeld, University of Florida, US
- Catherine Kallin, McMaster University, Canada
- Steve Kivelson, Stanford, US
- Warren Pickett, UC Davis, US
- David Singh, Oak Ridge National Lab, US
- Jan Zaanen, University of Leiden, Netherlands
How to Apply:
Applications for the School are now closed.
For further details, please contact the ICMR Program Coordinator, Jennifer Ybarra, at firstname.lastname@example.org